Wednesday, May 28, 2008

The Rundown

Here is what we've been up to the last 2 1/2 weeks (for anyone that cares to read it...)

May 10 - I had a birthday. I got to visit my grandparents in Amarillo and was surprised with homemade creampuffs. My Memaw used to read a story called "The Creampuff Village" to me when I spent the night at her house when I was little, then we would make some in the morning. I was thrilled that our kids got to try them - so yummy! I also got to eat out twice (Olive Garden and Tulia's famous El Camino).

Two creampuffs sans powdered sugar.

May 11 - Mother's Day. I was lucky enough to receive some really cool homemade gifts and thanks to my sweet husband, I didn't set foot in the kitchen - except to get water/tea/etc.


May 12 - I had to remember where to find dishes!! Back into the real world....

May 13 - start obsessing over houses close to school - we may move this summer

May 16 - Look at houses. Clean like crazy before the babysitter comes. Attend the school's 8th grade banquet with Brad (he's a teacher, not an 8th grader!)

May 17 - Look at another house. Lose my cell phone.


May 18 - Clean like crazy...company for dinner. No cell phone.

May 19 - jog for the first time in a long time! I finished a half-marathon in another life (7 1/2 years ago). Now I can barely make it 9 houses down the street. The good news...Pippin is very easy to handle on a leash - he is focused and doesn't zig-zag or stop in front of me, like our previous dog.

May 20 - fun day at school. I worked the "sponge races" station. Cell phone probably ran out of juice on this day.



May 21 - Kindergarten certification and last day of school for our kids. Let kids play on a big blow-up waterslide at a friend's house.


May 22/23 - Keep one of Lucy's friends during the day. Watch "Enchanted" for the first time. Jog.

May 24 - get my first pedicure (ever) by redeeming the gift certificate I received from my birthday 1 year and 2 weeks ago. I enjoyed it immensely, until I got into my hot car at 4 pm and wondered what was causing a terrible smell. Get home, clean out the car, find a 1 lb. package of turkey sausage that must have rolled out of the bag (on my May 21 shopping trip). Talk about foul.

May 25 - Try to act a little sympathetic when Kilian says "summer isn't as fun as he thought it would be". Look for cell phone. Meet a bloggy friend and her sweet family in person for the first time.

May 26/27 - I have no idea...is it really the 28th already??

5 comments:

Liss and MOMMY said...

I am glad you let us in on your May. I was guessing you were pregnant! Thanks for tagging me, it was fun. Oh by the way you went to El Camino without us!

The James Family: Ang,DJ,Ryan,Phil,Max said...

Mmmmmm Creampuffs andddddddddd homemade!!! Yum they look so good!
Lucky!!!!!

How fun 2 move close to the school!!! I remember those houses looking very nice!!! How exciting! Keep us updated!!!

I absolutely LOVE Kilian's smile in the Fun Day pic!!! Love It! And I had to smile and chuckle at Lucy's SPEEDSTER picture...heheheh

Awwww Cap & Gown....sniff:::sniff::: they are growing up toooo fast!!!!!!

YEAHY IT'S SUMMMMMMMMERRRRRRRRR!

Lael said...

Nope, not pregnant Melissa...just way too lazy to find the USB cord and camera at the same time :)

You kinda busted me on the El Camino visit!! I didn't even know we were stopping there on our way back to Lubbock until we were minutes away (we rode with my parents) and I was kinda goofy from all the creampuff sugar...sorry about that. Come to Lubbock and see us this summer!

Liss and MOMMY said...

I can't believe y'all have been out for over a week. We have basketball camp next week and then pretty much free for the rest of the summer.

Alexis D. said...

Happy belated Birthday Lael! Sounds like a full couple of weeks!! interesting how similar our blogs were this week... ;-)