Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Twin Talk



Many people know that I have always wanted twins. With babies 1 through 3 I was actually a little disappointed to only see 1 heartbeat. After we had 4 kids I started realizing that it would be a kinda crazy, so I told myself to stop wishing. Well, here we are jumping from 5 kids to 7 kids!


This was the first time that we both wanted to find out the gender of the baby, so I went to this sonogram thinking we would "ruin" the surprise by learning boy or girl. Ha! God found a different way to surprise us. Brad wasn't at that appointment, so I got to text him with,

"It's a boy...and another boy. No kidding! I will bring pics by if you want"

and he did want me to. I went to the school at lunch time and showed him, as well as the rest of the faculty and staff. News like that spreads fast. We wanted to tell the kids rather than let them "hear it" so we caught Kilian and Camille in the hallway and pulled Lucy out of class to show them the pictures and tell them.

I saw twins being baptized at church 2 days before the sonogram and told Brad that part of me still really wanted twins, to which he rolled his eyes like he does every pregnancy when I say those sorts of things. Also, just a few weeks before we found out I was pregnant, my friends Wes and Erin welcomed their precious twin girls. I have been admiring how sweet they are non-stop, and actually wondered if it could be contagious. hmmmmm....

I have an appointment with my doctor today (it was just the ultrasound tech last time) so I am really looking forward to some more answers.





*********************************************************

A few facts:

1. I only remember hearing of one set of twins in my family before this. I believe it is my grandma's uncles - named Rubel and Strubel (I'll have to check that spelling with her), but now that this news has spread, I've learned of a couple more distant sets of twins.

2. Twins make up about 3 out of 100 births on average

3. My high school class graduated with 72 people. At least 7 of us have had (or will have) twins

4. I was in a mom's prayer group at our church in Wylie in 2005/2006. 4 out of 10 of us have had (or will have) twins

5. These twins will make Oliver the middle child of 7 at the ripe old age of 3! and just barely 3 since his birthday is the end of May. He looks like he is up for the task, right?

2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

So fun! I have a friend that had twins on her 6th pregnancy too. :) They are almost 3 now.

Erin said...

you and i really need to talk!!