Monday, March 23, 2009

Lucy lately


This girl keeps me laughing.

Lucy came to tell me that she was almost out of soap at her sink after she washed her hands today. I had already been planning to go buy a few different scents of foam soap at Bath and Body Works soon, so I asked her what she would like her new soap to smell like. She just looked at me. I gave some suggestions like, "apples? lemons? flowers? rain?".

Her response: "Do they make bacon?". Yep!! Nothing says clean like the smell of bacon!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Also, as we ate lunch a few days ago I was asking who wanted more carrots. I added that they help make your eyes stronger so you can see far, far away. Camille was nodding and reaching for another carrot.

Lucy passed on the carrots and said: Well, so does a telescope.

4 comments:

ssburrow said...

Hi Lael
Sounds like you have so much fun with the kids. You are such a great mom. What day in May is the baby due? All that hard work keeping the boys payed off. Thank you for always loving my boys when they were little. Zane

Lael said...

Awww, thank you, Zane!!

I wouldn't trade all that time with your boys for the world! It was fun - and I love them when they are big, too!

We are due on May 15th, but I usually go past the due date.

Katie said...

Oh I wish I had written down all the cute things Hannah and Clay said when they were little like that. You think you will remember it forever, but you don't. At least I don't. So so cute!!

The James Family said...

Lucy Lucy Lucy, she is such a character,I love it!
Bacon scent...YUP the boys are definetley related to her!!!!LOL

I laughed so hard when I read the carrot comment...I can just hear her saying that too!!!

SASSSSSSSSYYYYYYYYY!!!!

You ARE so great remembering and jotting down these things...I always forget too....my mind is MUSH!!!